Sunday, August 9, 2009

Whatever it takes.

It's 334 am. It's been a 90 hour workweek. I did the "impossible" this week: Move my 21,000 square foot market in only 6 days. Throughout the process I learned a lot. The biggest occurance to me was: If you have the right support network and team anything can be accomplished.

When all favours had been called, and I was left with an immense workload, a limited timeframe, and very little hope. So what did I do? I called the local shelter and offered more than minimum wage to come help load trucks. What did I get? Some of the hardest working, honest, and trustworthy people I'd ever met. As I write - they are unloading the last truck of the night into storage. I was truly amazed.

What's more than that: My very good friend Henry (who I truly believe is the hardest working person on the face of the planet) came up in full force to help me every step of the way. You truly know your friends when you need help the most. With nothing wanted in return he helped conquer the everst of the day. All the money in the world couldn't repay him for all he (and his family) have done for me. And while I think his wife may be less than impressed with me: regardless of how many times I begged him to go home and sleep, he was with me until the bitter end.

No money in the world is worth as much as one ture friend. When expectations are exceeded: it's an amazing experience that revitalizes hope in my entrepreneurial spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment