Thursday, July 23, 2009

A pulse, a roof, and determination

Things can go from great to terrible in a split second. Maybe you lost your biggest client, your spouse left you, you have to declare bankruptcy, or you got fired.

All is not lost.

As long as you've got a pulse: the opportunities are endless. Don't look at it as bad (I lost my job, my life is over) put a positive spin on it and ask yourself why is this a good thing (I lost my job, and now I get to travel where I want, start my own business, and have the freedom I've been craving for years). As long as you have some type of roof over your head - you'll be fine!

Failure leads to success. But only if you don't give up. A great quote "If you can find a path with no obstacles - it probably doesn’t lead anywhere"

So chin up, morn whatever the loss is, and start chasing down those opportunities!

Almost every successful person I know experienced an immense amount of failure and rejection before they finally forged-through to their successful life. The difference between those who win in life and those who lose is determination. The only person who can make you fail is you. Are you going to give up or push-forward?

Every day I'm faced with rejection, criticism, and failure. People love to tell me what I've done wrong, why I shouldn't be doing what I'm doing, and how I should change to please other people. No thanks. I choose to take the criticism, failure, and rejection to heart and then find a way to prove those people wrong (bitter, aren't I). Speaking from experience though, it feels great to do something no one but you said was possible.

So whether you've got millions or a negative balance in your bank account - brush yourself off and find the opportunities (or create them if you can't find them), take a leap of faith (your only gambling on yourself), and get what you want out of life. NOW!

Stop reading now - go seize the day.

Seriously, why are you still reading?

Your wasting a lot of time here.

Jump up and go - off the computer - into the real world.

Success is yours for the taking - so reach out and grab it before someone else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment